Happy Friday. Happy National Drink Beer Day! So much going on this weekend, including Youngstown Oktoberfest Sept 28-30 on Phelps street previewing the food and beer from the soon-to-open Rhine Haus Bier Hall starting at 5 p.m. with German music from Fred Ziwich & ISM at 6 and country music with Chris Higbee at 9 p.m. and plenty of vendors … and just around the corner, Cut & Toast presents A Premium Evening at Whistle & Keg Cigar and Craft Beer event at Whistle and Keg, Youngstown’s only Pour-Your-Own beer & wine bar.
But, as always, Johnny Law’s watching the festivities and has a checkpoint planned somewhere in Mahoning County tonight. We’ll let you know where and when as soon as we find out.
But anyway … here’s what we know is happening! Cheers:
The Best in Live Music for Friday
- The Apollo Maennerchor Club in Sharon, PA, has Average Jane at 8 p.m.
- Birdfish Brewing in Columbiana has Dan Martin at 7 p.m.
- The Breakroom in Pulaski, PA, has FX Project at 9 p.m.
- Brew32 in Pulaski, PA, has Bryan Philips at 7 p.m.
- The Casual Pint in Boardman has The Youngstown Comedy Syndicate at 8 p.m.
- Coaches Burger Bar Salem has Jeff Welsh at 8 p.m.
- Crickets Bar on Midlothian has The Vegas Band at 7 p.m.
- El Cowboy Tex Mex Grill & Saloon in Austintown has Walk of Shame at 9 p.m.
- Factory 46 Tavern in Columbiana has Daniel Grey at 8 p.m.
- Los Gallos in Boardman has Leanne Binder & Ramja at 7 p.m.
- Halliday’s Winery in Lake Milton has The John Reese Project at 7 p.m.
- Hartford Hill Winery in Fowler has Dominic DiTommaso at 7 p.m.
- Hollywood Gaming in Austintown has No Bad Juju in the H Lounge at 9 p.m.
- Hop Asylum in New Wilmington, PA, has Hello Gorgeous at 8 p.m.
- JR’z Pub in Austintown has Train Wreck at 9 p.m.
- Leon’s Sports Bar & Grill in Howland has Dead Flowers at 6 p.m.
- The Manor Restaurant in Austintown has Bobby Remp at 6 p.m.
- Mastropietro Winery in Berlin Center has Douglas Smith at 7 p.m.
- Modern Methods Brewing Company in Warren has Brent Bregar at 6 p.m.
- Mortals Key Brewing in Jamestown, PA, has Major Morgan & The B Flats at 6 p.m.
- Numbers Brewing Company in Lisbon has Dueling Pianos with Piano Maniacs at 8 p.m.
- O’Donold’s Austintown has ANVAH at 9 p.m.
- Rolling Mills Bar & Grill in Girard has Mike Adams’ Common Ground at 8 p.m.
- Salvatore’s Italian Grill in Howland has Jay Byrd at 6 p.m.
- Seleh Restaurant in Struthers has Nikita Jones at 6:30 p.m.
- The Speakeasy Lounge in Warren has Ruby Hornsby at 7 p.m.
- Suzie’s Dogs & Drafts in Boardman has Dirty Rhythms at 9 p.m.
- Up A Creek in Howland has Good Question at 8 p.m.
- The Vineyards at Pine Lake in Columbiana has Jim Gill at 7 p.m.
- Vintage Estate in Boardman has The BreezeWay at 8 p.m.
- Westside Bowl on Mahoning Avenue has Action Camp with Rebreather & Lake Lake at 9 p.m. $8 cover.
- Youngstown Oktoberfest on Phelps has Fred Ziwich & ISM playing German music at 6 p.m. and Chris Higbee playing country music at 9 p.m.
Friday Karaoke & Trivia
- The Boxcar Lounge at the B&O Station opens at 7 p.m. with Karaoke with Kimmi at 10 p.m.
- Chesty’s Blue Collar Tavern in Girard has 80’s Trivia at 10 p.m.
- Ice House Inn in Austintown has Simply Ed Karaoke at 9 p.m.
- Jai-Alai in Hermitage has Karaoke with Moonlight DJ & Karaoke at 9 p.m.
- Piggy’s Sports Bar & Grill in Struthers has Karaoke with Cheryl at 9 p.m.
- El Tapatio Mexican Restaurant & Cantina in Liberty has Rumba The Show Karaoke tonight at 9 p.m.
- Thirsty Frog Bar & Grill in Austintown has Karaoke at 9:30 p.m.